Author Topic: The start is near...  (Read 24210 times)

Laura

• View Profile
The start is near...
« on: 2007-10-04 12:51:04 »
...and we are all doomed...

Has anybody already thought about a start-of-semester party?

What kind should it be?

If we postpone it long enough, we could make it a Halloween party, which would surely please all the dark people.

Besides, will we partly take over the counseling job now that Hubert is gone, or will we trust in others to do that? (Damn, should have asked him to leave us his "What-you-should-do-in-your-minor"-slides...) Any news (or, let's say, permittedly spreadable information...) about how many new students there will be?

ramon

• View Profile
Re: The start is near...
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-04 13:07:58 »
Any news (or, let's say, permittedly spreadable information...) about how many new students there will be?

According to a reliable source an incredible 10 (!) have accepted their offered place. Let's hope that they all show up at least.

johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-04 13:49:53 »
Yesterday I got "confirmed" there were only 8.  :-[

Not much potential for a Fachschaft revival.

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-04 14:54:47 »
I'll still be at IBM for the first week of semester...

On Monday, 15th October 2007, 4 p.m., we would like to invite all students and lecturers of ISCL for an ISCL - Introductory Meeting at the Auditory room 0.02 of the SfS, Wilhelmstr. 19.

Am Montag, dem 15.10.2007, 18 Uhr c.t., findet im Vorlesungssaal 0.02 des SfS, Wilhelmstr. 19, eine Semestervorbesprechung für das Fach Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft statt, zu der alle StudentInnen und DozentInnen eingeladen sind.

...so who can be at the meetings and make sure the new people get active in the forum and - in the case of the CLers - on the mailing lists?
There was n-ary a tree in sight.

DrNI

• View Profile
    • My Webpage
« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-04 15:02:30 »
The issue with the meeting is that
a) some people don't go there
b) some leave earlier

Please understand that some MA students have heard the stuff 8 times already, so this is boring.

We could invite all students (especially including the few new ones) in the beginning of the meeting to meet later for a beer at the Irish Pub (or some other place, maybe Bierkeller).

Me & myself won't advertise the mailing list. I'm maintaining it already. If people don't like it can't help it. But keep in mind: Aunt Google isn't reading the list, it's more private... there are some benefits of this.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-10-08 15:59:17 »
Hubert has kindly donated the rest of his party's supplies to the Fachschaft for an 'Ersti'-Party. About 15 liters of Juice, half a case of beer and some wine or similar.

I suggest that we announce the Forum on the official meeting on 15th of October and the Mailing list on the party/in classes. The ML is not official, that's what I like about it.

BTW. thanks very much, Niels, for maintaining it, it's a great idea.

How  about setting up such a list Germany-wide for Computational Linguists? Or maybe even beyond Germany's borders... a CompLing list - with the division into two sections talk/stud. I really like that idea, we'll just have to find a server.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-08 16:01:10 by aleks »
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #6 on: 2007-10-08 16:16:10 »
Hubert has kindly donated the rest of his party's supplies to the Fachschaft for an 'Ersti'-Party. About 15 liters of Juice, half a case of beer and some wine or similar.

I suggest that we announce the Forum on the official meeting on 15th of October and the Mailing list on the party/in classes. The ML is not official, that's what I like about it.

Good idea. Can you do the announcement, Aleks?

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-10-09 01:20:45 »

Good idea. Can you do the announcement, Aleks?
OK. I promise to shave myself for that. Haven't done so in a week...
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-10-09 08:45:23 »
*g* Expect a major surprise on seeing me then...

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-10-09 09:54:43 »
If you announce it, it won't be one any more. Just so much: I had to dramatically change my cartoon representation of Johannes...  ;)

Aleks!!! I'm glad I'm neither your mother nor your girlfriend!  :D

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #10 on: 2007-10-09 10:49:09 »
You think Erstis are afraid of beards? Maybe. :) Thanks, Aleks.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-10-09 16:43:10 »
Aleks!!! I'm glad I'm neither your mother nor your girlfriend!  :D
So is your boyfriend, and supposedly your mum, too.

Hey, why did we forget about that 'let's meet all in a pub' announcement? I'm currently getting all sorts of 'will there be some meeting?' - mails (OK, ONE girl has asked me about it, but that's already a rather large percentage...) and if nothing else, our immatriculation-numbers permit a certain familiarity among students. We should go establish that thing to make the SfS a brighter place.

So, uhm... I'm gonna announce the Forums already at the meeting, shall I announce the Pub as well? BTW, which pub? Bierkeller, Unckel or Saints&Scholars? I'm against Unckel as it's expensive - so is Saints&Scholars, but nobody can miss it from here - Bierkeller is a bit... well... a cellar, and harder to find, especially for the folks new to Tübingen, but not that expensive...

Suggestions? STFUs?

Shall we already try to settle on a date for the party? Or shall we wait and see and drink a cup of tea?

Johannes, verdammt, ich hätte mir meinen also doch stehen lassen sollen. Naja, jetzt isser wech.

What about the Linguists? Their meeting starts 18 c.t. I suggest that someone goes there (Me?) and announces the at least the pub and the forums - remember: the linguists are probably not going to visit our meeting, but only theirs.

... I HATE WEB PAGES! ... *sigh*, let's go back to work.
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #12 on: 2007-10-09 21:06:22 »
Hey, why did we forget about that 'let's meet all in a pub' announcement? I'm currently getting all sorts of 'will there be some meeting?' - mails (OK, ONE girl has asked me about it, but that's already a rather large percentage...)

Are you saying you're already corresponding with the new students? Well, splendid! Go ahead and invite them to the forum already. :D

shall I announce the Pub as well?

Sure thing.

Bierkeller, Unckel or Saints&Scholars?

It's not as if I'll be there, but Bierkeller seems okay - you can take the new CLers there right after the meeting...

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-10-09 21:14:33 »
Hey, why did we forget about that 'let's meet all in a pub' announcement? I'm currently getting all sorts of 'will there be some meeting?' - mails (OK, ONE girl has asked me about it, but that's already a rather large percentage...)

Are you saying you're already corresponding with the new students? Well, splendid! Go ahead and invite them to the forum already. :D
Well, sort of. I met one of them recently - he was in the first floor asking for a KVV. And some seem to find e-mail on the web-server and e-mail me some questions. It took me four days to answer though, because I don't check my pennie-account regularly. Well, now that someone is looking for me, I will do so more often. I forwarded the Fachschaft's e-mail address and forum-website-address as well.

shall I announce the Pub as well?

Sure thing.
OK... just remind me.

Bierkeller, Unckel or Saints&Scholars?

It's not as if I'll be there, but Bierkeller seems okay - you can take the new CLers there right after the meeting...

Why won't you be there? Are you busy? You gotta have an excuse... It'll be really embarrassing if we aren't the last to leave there (or even outnumbered!), because, after all, we're the Fachschaft!
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #14 on: 2007-10-09 22:02:26 »

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-10-09 23:57:14 »

Aye, should'a op'n'd me eeyyeeezzz-ah!
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-10-11 22:26:19 »
Die Erstis haben sich teilweise schon im StudiVZ eingerichtet, und sind in der dortigen Gruppe anzutreffen.

Bei einer Party bin ich auf jeden Fall dabei!

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-10-11 22:27:41 »
Ditooooh! Was kann ich sonst noch für euch tun?

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-10-12 02:41:45 »
StudiVZ?

Kaainneee zehn Pferde....

Party ist klar, ne? Weiß Guy schon bescheid?
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #19 on: 2007-10-12 13:07:46 »
Dafür, dass die Erstis im studivz sich organisiert haben, bin ich schuldig... :( Aber, nachdem mich 3-4 danach gefragt haben, ob es so was da gibt, bin ich davon ausgegangen, dass je wenigen Mühe sie sich geben müssen, desto besser, und dieser Satz ich gerate richtig lang geworden...

Hoffentlich ist es aber nicht tragisch Alesk - du wirst sie noch in den kommenden 2 Semester indoktrinieren können!  ;) ::)
pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind

argh.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-10-12 13:27:50 »
Ich kann Guy Bescheid sagen. Übers Facebook. *hähä*

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-10-12 15:02:01 »
Dafür, dass die Erstis im studivz sich organisiert haben, bin ich schuldig... :( Aber, nachdem mich 3-4 danach gefragt haben, ob es so was da gibt, bin ich davon ausgegangen, dass je wenigen Mühe sie sich geben müssen, desto besser, und dieser Satz ich gerate richtig lang geworden...

Hoffentlich ist es aber nicht tragisch Alesk - du wirst sie noch in den kommenden 2 Semester indoktrinieren können!  ;) ::)

Ach Quatsch, vielen Dank für die Mühe, Anna. Bin ja nur ich, der nicht drin ist, von daher ist das schon OK. Ich werd' denen dann meine E-Mail geben... :P
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

guy

« Reply #22 on: 2007-10-13 00:57:53 »
hi
just tell me what you need and when is the party and we will start from there
i can bartend and so can hanan and andreas (i think)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-10-13 13:50:48 »
I can take care of the music (again) ;). We just need some amplification... Ramon? Niels?
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

DrNI

• View Profile
    • My Webpage
« Reply #24 on: 2007-10-13 14:28:31 »
I can take care of the music (again) ;). We just need some amplification... Ramon? Niels?

Sorry, I got only studio monitors and they're not suitable for advanced levels of blasting. If my band had a PA, I would offer to bring it. Anyone wanna buy us one? ;-)

DrNI

• View Profile
    • My Webpage
« Reply #25 on: 2007-10-13 14:31:05 »

Unabhängig von StudiVZ und SfS-Semester-Eröffnungsorgie, treffen wir uns nach dem Intro Meeting im Bierkeller? Ja? Nein?  :o

(Und warum kann ich keinen Poll hier einbauen, geht das nur bei neuen Threads?)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-10-13 20:38:55 »
Geht nur bei neuen Threads ;)

Hm. Gut, ich frag dann Ramon.
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-10-13 22:21:16 »
Wer ist denn gerade Schatzmeister und kann sagen, wieviel Geld da ist?

Ich stelle ein Auto und kann einkaufen gehen.

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #28 on: 2007-10-14 00:37:15 »
Aleks - ist nicht wirklich ne Mühe, die Erstis sind diesmal (;)) ganz nett. Und ich muss mich entschuldigen, dass ich dein Name schlecht geschrieben habe. So was hat man nach 4 Stunden Alt und Mittel Irisch, Latein und Vergleichende Phonologie der keltischen Sprachen an einen Tag... (aaaa!)

argh.

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #29 on: 2007-10-14 01:28:50 »
Wer ist denn gerade Schatzmeister und kann sagen, wieviel Geld da ist?

321,60 fachschaftseigene € sind bei mir auf dem Konto. Die will ich gerne loswerden (immer diese falsche Euphorie bei den Kontoauszügen ;)).

Ca. 100 € sind noch in bar bei mir (die natürlich auch).

500 € von uns liegen bei der Uni-Verwaltung (die liegen da im Prinzip gut, solange wir sie nicht vergessen).

DrNI

• View Profile
    • My Webpage
« Reply #30 on: 2007-10-14 09:17:30 »
Und ich muss mich entschuldigen, dass ich dein Name schlecht geschrieben habe. So was hat man nach 4 Stunden Alt

Wenn ich mal vier Stunden lang Alt trinke, dnan shcreib ich cauh flasch.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-10-14 10:53:15 »
Ich glaub, es wissen nicht viele, was Alt ist... ;) - aber das war auch mein erster Gedanke, als ich das gelesen hab...
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-10-14 15:27:53 »
So viel Geld, Meeensch... Wir sollten nicht zu viel davon ausgeben, immerhin kommt auch wieder ein Brechtbaufest, und da ist es doch besser, weniger zusammenborgen zu müssen... :) Also, soweit ich das verstanden habe, findet die Party am 19. statt - um wieviel Uhr? Ist es schlimm, wenn ich etwas später komme? Der Tag wird  eh dicht bepackt bei mir (Familienbesuch, Mitbewohnerinnengeburtstag... eigentlich wollte ich auch noch Tango tanzen gehen, aber das kann ich ja mal knicken...)...

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-10-15 08:39:56 »
Das ist echt eine Menge Geld, die wir da in einem Jahr erwirtschaftet haben. So eine Party kostet 100-150€. Wir können ja schon mal eine Einkaufsliste aufstellen.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-10-15 13:53:12 »
Brechtbaufest kommt erst noch... das wird wieder 'ne Menge Schotter, wenn wir's richtig anstellen.

Fangen wir die Zeit/Ort-Diskussion doch am Besten heute nach dem Treffen an... Termin&Lokations-Fragen werden die schwierigsten sein.
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-10-15 15:16:29 »
Gut. Prima. Super!  :)

Desi

« Reply #36 on: 2007-10-16 16:46:43 »
Hi all,

I hereby offer my help for the party :):):):)

best
desi

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #37 on: 2007-10-17 00:48:53 »
Ad DrNI oc Aleks:
Insce in so as:beir ar fe'da I'su fri cach n-o'ein din chene'lu doi'ne are:n-indarbe ana'lchi ood ocus... ;)

argh.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-10-17 09:49:08 »
Do we have a date and time yet? Not this Friday, definitely. I don't have any time. I should be in 3 places at the same time...

smile

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-10-17 16:03:13 »
One place more or less ... does it matter  :D :D :D

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-10-18 09:04:13 »
Ye-es... Well, one of them has been cancelled, but there's still two. If the party is added, it'll be three, and while I *am* capable of being at two places at the same time, three is a bit difficult...