General Discussion > Parties and Events

Christmas Party

(1/6) > >>

aleks:
You suckers ;D - we didn't even manage to organize an Ersti-Party. So let's at least have a great Christmas party! I think next Thursday would be a great idea. Friday's too late, Wednesday too early.

Let's buy... what exactly? We have some drinks left from Hubert's party but we'll need some more stuff.
So: beer, non-alcoholic beverage... (a bottle of apple-juce should do it, eh? :P)
I can take care of the music - will ask Ramon about amplification.

Where? Again in the entrance hall or shall we try to get one of the Seminar-rooms?

People just keep asking me about it, you know?

Desi is ready to help in whatever way she can. Problem is: if it's on Thursday I'll have to leave at 23:00 - or we'll just keep partying on till 4 a.m. :)

Common people, I wanna see some motivation. Who's got a car to go shopping?

Laura:
Thanks for trying. I'll be there if you manage to get people to agree on a date, and I'll help with decoration and preparations.

Laura:
I heard the rumour that there will be a jam session at the Christmas Party - is that true? I'll be there, in that case!

aleks:
Yes, that's true. I talked to Niels and Ramon yesterday and the first thing Niels said: "Why not have a Jam-Session" (sinngemäß 8))

Niels: Keys; Ramon: Bass, Laura: Clarinet, Vocals; Anne: Oboe, even more Vocals; Hanan: Guitar; Chris?: Guitar; Me: Alto-Bass ;D and probably Cajon, if Niels brings one along (hey, that was a rhyme... so I'll do the lyrics, too :D)

That's all I know so far. We got some equipment, I'll bring my Amp, Niels will bring his - it's not going to be too loud... where?
Let's hope it'll be cool. And of course, we've never played together before so don't expect any presentable results, anyone, you hear me?

Aleks

DrNI:

--- Quote from: aleks on 2007-12-12 12:07:35 ---Yes, that's true. I talked to Niels and Ramon yesterday and the first thing Niels said: "Why not have a Jam-Session" (sinngemäß 8))
--- End quote ---

Actually this is a very old idea brought up by Udi (who went to Berlin/Potsdam after his BA). Unfortunately it never came true so far.

--- Quote from: aleks on 2007-12-12 12:07:35 ---Niels: Keys;
--- End quote ---

I'll also bring the Fivestring, just in case. Do I need to bring the bass amp? Does it make sense to have 3 of them there? ;-)  The mediocre cajon is still at our singer's place, but I'll get hold of it in time. ;-)

And is there anyone else playing the piano? I can bring mine, but if it's only me I might rather go for the organ, which is a bit less hard to transport but also more special to play. Piano is something like a largest common denominator. ;-) (ah, all-digital, just in case you've been wondering how this guy can drag around pianos and organs...)

Anyone got some active PA speaker(s) for the piano easily available?

Oh btw, this will be mostly unplugged, so trouble guitarist be prepared to turn the volume knob from 11 to 1!

--- Quote from: aleks on 2007-12-12 12:07:35 ---Let's hope it'll be cool. And of course, we've never played together before so don't expect any presentable results, anyone, you hear me?
--- End quote ---

Well it's a session. Most likely some Blues- and Reggae-alike stuff. I won't join Realbook Jazz pieces, but session also means that not all people are on stage all the time.

How bout encouraging some of the teachers? There's rumors about a Perl person playing trumpet, ... ;-)

N.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version