General Discussion > Parties and Events

Christmas Party

<< < (2/6) > >>

aleks:
Dale plays the trupet? Why not...

You got a Hammond-Organ? ;D

(You know, some years ago I read through Paul Westwood's Bass Bible - on more than one occasion, the German translation would speak of the 'traditional' line-up of a Rock band: "Gitarre, Schlagzeug, Harfe, Gesang"... I was quite puzzled until I figured out that they translated 'Hammond' with 'Harfe' instead of leaving it there as a proper name. Dunno if that's a machine's or a human's fault. But given the overall quality of the translation, I'd say it was a machine)

Yeah, just some open-mic kind of stuff. By the way, we'll not need more than two bass guitars at a time so three amps would be too much. I'll bring mine along and one of you guys can bring his as well.

Laura:
HOOOORAY! Finally! I mean, I haven't properly practised for 2 1/2 years now, but I can do something over the weekend  ::) , and after all, improvisation is the keyword, isn't it? What about violoncello and viola (Johannes and Dominikus)? Can we fit them in anywhere? In case they want to? And where are we going to play at all? And does anyone know anyone who plays the violin? (If so, I'll condemn Johannes, Dominikus and the yet unknown fiddler to play a tango I composed years ago with me some time...)

DrNI:

--- Quote from: aleks on 2007-12-12 13:29:22 ---Dale plays the trupet? Why not...

You got a Hammond-Organ? ;D
--- End quote ---

http://www.drni.de/niels/drni/musik/fotos/instrumente-pix/1.html (no, I don't have all of these pictured in the gallery at home, actually I sold most of them, .... in order to buy others. ;-) )

"Harfe" ... blues harp, maybe?

--- Quote from: aleks on 2007-12-12 13:29:22 ---Yeah, just some open-mic kind of stuff. By the way, we'll not need more than two bass guitars at a time so three amps would be too much. I'll bring mine along and one of you guys can bring his as well.
--- End quote ---

Open Mic without mics, though.

If we don't make this unplugged all the instruments without phone jack connectors will either be in trouble or we'll have a lot of fun with microphones and mixing.

Laura:
I can be loud. But it doesn't sound too nice.

Kilian:

--- Quote from: Laura on 2007-12-12 13:39:15 ---And does anyone know anyone who plays the violin?
--- End quote ---

Prof. Sternefeld, if I remember correctly...?

As for shopping, I have the Fachschaft money, so tell me who to give how much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version