Author Topic: New forum software  (Read 4402 times)

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
New forum software
« on: 2006-12-15 13:26:02 »
As you might have noticed, things suddenly look a bit different around here. That's because I just replaced phpBB by Simple Machines Forum, which is generally better and hopefully less prone to automated registration by spammers. Apart from the new look, everything should stay exactly as you know it. In case something went wrong with the migration I didn't notice, there is an emergency copy of the old forum at http://fs-sprachwissenschaft.uni-tuebingen.de/phpbb.
There was n-ary a tree in sight.

DrNI

• View Profile
    • My Webpage
Re: New forum software
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-15 16:50:09 »
Apart from the fact that it seems to not provide the full posts in the RSS feed and that there are no author names in the feed, yeah... ;D

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-17 11:29:59 »
Yow!

This certainly looks nicer...

bla bla bla
:D

But the smileys suck... well, can't have everything.

Good work, Kilian.
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-18 17:35:06 »
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Surprise, surprise! SMF comes with two smiley sets, of which I have now enabled classic. These guys look nicer, right? For the more important stuff, like having author names in the RSS feed, alas, I haven't yet had the time to find a solution to.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-12-18 18:12:05 »
Well, let's look forward to the christmas holidays where we all will have plenty of time since we delayed *all* our activities and learning targets to exactly those 15 days...

PS: if you need some help with the board administration, contact me!

Regards, aleks
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #5 on: 2006-12-18 18:44:49 »
As far as the administration with the web interface goes, it is quite easy, but to fix the RSS some code would have to be changed. If you find the time, you're welcome to do something. :)