General Discussion > Parties and Events

On the Truckenbrodt/Christmas Party and the Whole Hall Situ.

(1/3) > >>

Anas:
So, here is where we stand:

*  The party will be on Wed 20th.

* It will be a "dual-purpose" party: for the Landeslehrpreis and for
Christmas.

* our "Plan A", if you will,  is to try to get one of the halls on the
ground floor, preferably Hall 2 since it's larger.

* our "Plan B": If we can't get one of the halls on the ground floor we
would have to settle for the 2 smaller separate rooms on the first
floor. This would obviously be less welcome as the crowd would be
split in 2 separate rooms, and the feng shui would be..um.. messed up
(or whatever negative adjective suitable to describe a feng shui). You get the idea.

On that matter, Hubert was trying to get approval to use one of the halls on the ground floor.
I sent him an email today to see if there are any new developments in that quest.
I think we will know by Wednesday at the latest whether we will go with plan A or plan B.

But we still have a couple of questions/issues:

1- Have we decided on a time for the party? I don't remember that we have.

2- Chris offered to bring his PlayStation (PlayStation 2, I presume) to the party, if someone has long AV cables (Audio Video cables), so we can connect it to the projector. This, of course, would only happen if we can get approval for one the halls on the ground floor (Or we would have to score a projector as well. And in that case we won't need long AV cables anymore).

What do you think about that? Would it be a nice addition, or would it be a distraction and just hammer the efforts of people who are trying to get hammered?

3- Anybody got long AV cables?

Kilian:
The east seminar room on the first floor used to have a "built-in" projector - isn't that the case anymore? If yes, plan B could include the playstation as well. There was already the idea to screen "Nightmare before Christmas" without sound, as a sort of decoration, because of its stylish imagery. But Playstation - why not as well? :)

The time - say from 7 PM on?

Anas:
Regarding the east seminar room, you might be right. I haven't been in that room since mid-November 2005  when I left back to Damascus. I'll check on Monday. If there is a projector there then we can have the PlayStation no matter which room/hall we end up with. But we'll still need the long AV cables. I hope someone here has them.

Regarding the time, I couldn't remember whether we had decided on a time for the party or not. Since it appears that we haden't, I just sent a follow-up email to Hubert asking him for his preference with regards to time.

Kilian:
AV cable - something like this?

Anas:
No, actually, more like this.

http://tinyurl.com/yzz42d

Anyway, I was over at Chris's place, we measured the cable he has. The good news is that the cable seems long enough that we may either need a regular length AV cable, or none at all. Chris will try to measure it on Monday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version