Author Topic: Brechtbaufest - Cleanup  (Read 29042 times)

Armin

• View Profile
Brechtbaufest - Cleanup
« on: 2007-01-27 12:20:23 »
This thread is meant to ensure everyone gets his or her belongings back.

Georgiana was looking for her pink scarf. There had been one, but later I couldn't see it anymore. Any ideas, anyone?

Charlotte is looking for her cell phone.

My car is full of stuff right now. It's pretty much unsorted. I'll update this posting once I sort it. Here's the beginning:

- blue rope: Guy?
- a lot of cables: Kilian, Englisches Seminar?
- British flag, needs to be cleaned somehow
- German and American flag: Jon
- Butterbrotpapier: Laura
- Spectrograms: Guy, do you want them back?
- transparent tape, packing tape
- a roll of garbage sacks: Guy?

Guy, I need to know what bottles are Pfand on, and whether there would be a problem if I just took them to the next store.

There are six of those nozzles (what are they called? - what we put onto the bottles.). Who wanted to have these?

How was the cleaning (after 4:20am)? Do we get our deposit back? The room looked quite fine, but the Brechtbau altogether...

Wo habt ihr die rote Sackkarre hingetan? Die gehört (steht auch recht unleserlich drauf) Hubert, und der will die am Montag wiederhaben.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-27 13:02:35 by Armin »

kubaniguy

• View Profile
Re: Brechtbaufest - Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-27 14:32:27 »
hi armin
i dont need the spectrograms
i need my coller , the ladel(the thing we used to put the ice in the cups)
my blue plastic box and the tupper
and the rest of the sprudel bottles (if thez are full)
i think that is all but i am not sure
i will be in tubingen on sunday evening so maybe we can meet and i will take my stuff
all the other pfend bottles can be taken to the nearest place you know
thanks again for everything
the british flag belongs to nomi but if it needs cleaning i can take it here and put it in the laundry
guy
« Last Edit: 2007-01-27 14:34:21 by kubaniguy »

johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-27 15:31:54 »
Hi folks,

first of all thank you for a great organization and all the effort you put into this. Yes, it was a maor success and we can be very proud of ourselves that as such a young Fachschaft we managed to be so popular (and sell this much).

Cleaning took till about 8 AM (just woke up, every limb hurts) and yes, our room was accepted, BUT:

Something went wrong with the paperwork. I had to sign the BBP's form, but the form they had to sign in turn was not at my disposal - I didn't even know of it. That didn't work too well.

I don't know whose fault it is, but: the board and all the tables and chairs were aligned into the wrong direction, so I had to rearrange the furniture alone, without anyone helping me. It's not that it wasn't a nice change between cleaning the privies and sweeping, sweeping, sweeping, but, still this could have been avoided. (anyone drew a plan during assembly? there was supposed to be one)

Laura, I deposited your coathangers behind the smoker's dustbin in front of the SfS.

OK, I guess I have done my share. See most of you on Monday and a happy weekend still.

Charlotte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-27 15:34:57 »
my cell phone was probably stolen. i went to the vodafone shop today and got my sim card deactivated. the good thing is that I will get a new sim card with my old phone number, so it is not that bad.

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-01-27 16:20:22 »
Yes, there was a plan of the tables, but I don't know where it had gone.

You've definitely done your share, Johannes. Thanks a lot.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-27 17:38:34 »
Huge thanks Johannes, for doing the job. I'm sorry to not have stayed till the bitter end, but I was pretty close to falling apart any moment...

Those Nozzels you put onto the bottles are called 'Spaßbremse' on German. :D

Ramon and I put the Sackkarre next to Hubert T.s office. He can't miss it.

Laura, I have all the glasses you put the candles in in my office. What about them? (They are in a blue box, dunno whose that is)

Regarding the tables and chairs in the room: Bela, Laura Ramon and I were pretty puzzled at the end of the party how to arrange 'em. A girl from the BB-team walked in who we asked about how to do that, but she did not say anything about it. We had no way to know what to do and we just aligned them in some manner that seemed sensible. Sorry for that, Johannes. Also that you had to clean up alone. We should avoid such situations next time.

But, I have to say that we did a great job on this and I want to thank all the people who made this possible. People all over the Fest were asking me 'Hey, you're the guy from the DeMorgan Bar, aren't you?', so we were quite popular.

Unfortunately, it was also widely known that we ran out of fuel. That's something we have to do better on next time as well.

Yet still, we did a lot of money, I hope this will help on things to come, like TaCoS and maybe a end-of-semester or beginning-of-next-semester party...

Thanks again to all of you (especially Johannes) and have a nice rest-weekend
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-27 19:16:44 »
Hi everybody! This was a great success  :D ! Thanks to all who had a share in making this work! And next year is gonna be even better because we now know we need to buy more alcohol...  ;) The coathangers are not mine, but Kilian's, so you better ask him where to put them. The glasses can be thrown away if nobody wants to keep them; I will have more than enough until next year. Johannes, sorry for not staying to help cleaning (next time, I'll bring a spare pair of shoes in which I can actually walk...  :-[ ) ... And about not putting the tables in the correct order, but as I arrived after they had been rearranged last afternoon, I had no idea about what the room looked like earlier. Hope you can forgive me this one time... About the scarf: Maybe it's still behind the pillar where all the coats were piled up? If nobody else wants them, I'd like to keep the spectrograms.

Greetings,
Laura

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-01-27 19:20:10 »
Quote from: kubaniguy
i dont need the spectrograms
thrown'em away
i need my coller , the ladel(the thing we used to put the ice in the cups)
Cooler, ladle: okay, they're here & I'll clean them first
my blue plastic box and the tupper
same here
and the rest of the sprudel bottles (if thez are full)
I don't have them...

Bottles are already refunded.

If you need your stuff on sunday, we can meet. Otherwise we'll go for monday or tuesday at the uni.

@Laura: Na, da hast Du Glück gehabt, dass es nur ein Griff in den Papiereimer war, die Spektrogramme wieder hervorzuholen. Sind auch nicht schlimmer dran als vor dem Wegwerfen (gebogen, aber nicht geknickt).
« Last Edit: 2007-01-27 19:22:23 by Armin »

kubaniguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-01-28 13:26:37 »
hi all
first of all i want to say thanks for everything
i think we all gave it our best and it was a huge success
it was a lot of fun working with all of you and the atmosphere was great
(i dont know if you noticed but we had a lot of returning customers)
our overall profit was good and our net prifit went down just because we didnt
have enough alcohol (could be a lot worse)

i think that our lessons for next time should be(besides buying more alcohol)
to advertise that we have the biggest cocktails in the party
the other bars sold tiny drinks for the same price and our drinks also looked great
so we can either sell them for more or just use cheaper alcohol

the only thing that let me down was the fact that not many sfs students came
but what can you do about that
thanks again for all the help
sorry for not staying until the bitter end
guy ;D

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-01-28 14:45:33 »
And maybe print our advertisement posters in advance... but let's use orange paper again, people will remember better...  Guy, just one question: why do you never use punctuation marks?  :)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-01-28 15:53:33 »
He does not need them. His a poet, don't you see?

I think there are quite a couple of things to do better next time, but... that's in one year! The only thing I can look forward to right now is the end of this f***ing semester...  :-\

Let's have some other great parties before the next BBFest, shall we? 8)

Regards, Aleks
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-01-28 16:20:51 »
We can ask the Brechtbauplenum whether they are going to organize on of the Clubhausfeste, if you're really keen on this.

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #12 on: 2007-01-28 17:24:05 »
Johannes - am very grateful, you should have been brutal and called someone of us to help you! I wouldn't mind it that much coming again for the morning cleaning up next time, just have to sleep the 4 hours in between...

I'd like to thank the people at the bar! You were great, I felt very inapt looking at the way you handled all that crowd!

We were all* great and will do even better next time!

*how very modest of me :/
pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind

argh.

kubaniguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-01-28 17:49:39 »
sorry for not using punctuation marks
i am just too lazy ... or you know what i AM a poet
(i like that one better)
when ever you want to have another bar just
count me in.
it was load of fun
guy

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-01-28 17:55:59 »
We can ask the Brechtbauplenum whether they are going to organize on of the Clubhausfeste, if you're really keen on this.

Doesn't sound too bad. The good thing about such parties is the money we can make :D
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-01-28 19:42:10 »
Yesssssssssssssss! Let's tell them to organize one of the Clubhausfeste - and let us be in charge of the bar!!! (Can anybody explain to me why I, the absolute antialcoholic, am so keen on this?  ::) ) I can't see why a poet should not need punctuation marks, and I know *something* about poetry... Johannes, I really should have returned with better shoes, but I was just so tired... :-\

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-01-28 20:20:47 »
It's like the poet who doesn't read: the barkeeper who doesn't drink.

This raises the following question: Who will go to next week's Plenum? I think somebody should definitely be there.

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #17 on: 2007-01-28 20:29:14 »
Guy, just one question: why do you never use punctuation marks?

You better be glad he does write vowels! ;)

I'd like to assent to what my previous speakers said about how great it was. Special thanks to the two professional barkeepers, the master of the money, our mobile outpost on wheels, and the last cleaner...

a lot of cables: Kilian, Englisches Seminar?

Sssssh! Yeah, I'll take care of what I brought: An extension cord, two power strips (one switched, one unswitched), all white.

Photos from the party are here.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-28 22:31:09 by Kilian »
There was n-ary a tree in sight.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-01-28 21:45:34 »
Guy, just one question: why do you never use punctuation marks?

You better be lucky he does write vowels! ;)
That was a good one...

Lura, a poet has not to be conforming to any rule. He make the rules!

When will BBPlenum take place? I'll probably have to attend a AK-Studiengebühren meeting but maybe I could skip that. I'll know more on Tuesday
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #19 on: 2007-01-28 22:31:46 »
It's always Thursday, 8 PM.

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #20 on: 2007-01-29 00:08:47 »
Clubhausfest... We can always try... Others will start recognizing us, generally computational linguists as party people!

BBPlenum -- sorry, no can do on Thursday, every time I miss a training something awful happens to me... Nope, not exaggerating.

Jon, Kilian - you guys (sorry for the pun) have no idea how grateful I am not to be on any of the photos!  ;D ;)

argh.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-01-29 03:09:57 »
"Yeah, you're those DeMorgan guys!"

Thanks for the cool name, guy :D

OK, the AK-meeting is from six to eight (or probably later, but I don't mind), so I could attend the BBPlenum alright. Somebody joining?

PS: Anna, are you superstitious?
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #22 on: 2007-01-29 10:06:27 »
Sorry, Anna, I'll make sure to take at least one of you next time. ;D

Thanks for going to bbp, Aleks!

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-01-29 10:39:06 »
I'll get the stuff to the SfS around 12:45. What's not picked up then I'll put it one of the lockers downstairs.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-01-29 10:39:55 »
@poetry: Ys, bt nt cnfrmng t pncttn rls s nt tht crtv nlss t srvs  clrly dstngshbl prps (...dnr yw rht ht t nttrw vh dlhs)

@pictures: quite nice, glad I don't look toooooooooo terrible.

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #25 on: 2007-01-29 10:49:18 »
Clubhausfest... We can always try... Others will start recognizing us, generally computational linguists as party people!

De Morgan stirbt nie!

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-01-29 10:58:12 »
Ach nee, und wir feiern, bis er kommt, oder wie? Aber das können wir als Motto fürs nächste Brechtbaufest nehmen, für die netten orangenen Plakate...

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-01-29 13:56:34 »
Yeah, we'll do an occult necromancer-party where we try to resurrect DeMorgan...

Schließlich haben die Romanisten ja auch ne Chance verdient nächstes Jahr...

"Feiern bis der Mathematiker kommt."
« Last Edit: 2007-01-29 14:07:52 by aleks »
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-01-29 15:22:02 »
btw, as Mark realized that evening: now we know what it means "to stand at the bar of a pub with no beer"

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #29 on: 2007-01-29 22:53:14 »
@poetry: Ys, bt nt cnfrmng t pncttn rls s nt tht crtv nlss t srvs  clrly dstngshbl prps (...dnr yw rht ht t nttrw vh dlhs)

u  i  i  ei  e  i  e
i  i  e  a  u  i
e  ei  a  e  i  i  a
a  u  i  a  i  i

d  gbst  mr  n  stmm
ch  dr  gstlt  nd  snn
gmnsm  rst  wrd  schtbr
ws  d  bst  ws  ch  bn

aus: Der Charlatan – Nr. 14, © 2002 Eigenbrodverlag

jonk

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-01-30 10:46:12 »
oh i still have the picture i shot of you and charlotte!

and thanks from me to johannes!

jon :)

BBPlenum -- sorry, no can do on Thursday, every time I miss a training something awful happens to me... Nope, not exaggerating.

Jon, Kilian - you guys (sorry for the pun) have no idea how grateful I am not to be on any of the photos!  ;D ;)

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #31 on: 2007-01-31 08:44:05 »
Kilian - I was being most serious...
Jon - drats!

Btw I've seen people link our Flikr-photos from the BB Fest, and talking about them in superlatives! A big WOW for us ;)

Aleks - not really, but you know there is a song by a polish band ('Big Cyc') which sings about the true fact that polish people always have bad luck in the world ;) And that comes brutally true (Charlotte can confirm that).
Polacy zawsze mają pecha,
Na szczęście ciągle mamy czas...
Ani Holendra ani Czecha,
Pech prześladuje tylko nas...

(that's more of a treat for Johannes)

ad. abbreviations - my favorite for now is bw or BW, especially in the context of Tübingen.

argh.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-01-31 14:34:13 »
Halt mal... Pech heisst auch Pech auf Polnisch?  :o

Hey, common the Czechs didn't do you any wrong, and they're not too lucky, too :D
But with the guys from Holland... I agree (though they are *so* cute when speaking foreign languages... I had this girlfriend once, she had a very nice intonation... )

Anyways... let's get back to the topic... ah... is there a topic anymore?
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-01-31 16:27:13 »
Aleks, where are you? DG says you can send in the Java HW late because everybody else is doing so all the time, so you really should! Also remember to eat and get some sleep!!!

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #34 on: 2007-01-31 19:02:42 »
The 'Czechs' didn't and they're not to blame for anything, that's not what the song is about. If your computer reads .m4a I can send it to you. Fully legally even, how often does that happen?! ;)

I'm sorry if I'm being mean right now, but I think you should listen to your mom, Laura ;)
Just could not help myself, don't hold this against me. And she is probably right, I assume she knows it better than I do.

argh.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-01-31 21:04:20 »
Hum... dunno, but mplayer reads pretty much everything readable... I didn't see it it fail so far, even on windows stuff designed for windows that won't play on Windows... :D OK, it can't plаy DRM, but I don't want that anyways...

So, just send it, I'm very curious!
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-01-31 23:46:51 »
I think I got the meaning of that song. How sad and whiny!

AmaroK usually plays m4a files, at least it works fine for me...

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-02-01 14:10:56 »
Somebody just has to remind Aleks of the many important things he'd forget otherwise...

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #38 on: 2007-02-01 17:38:39 »
Johannes - if that is the impression you got than it is wrong ;) They're making fun everything, this time it's a very adequate comment on the current political, cultural and social situation in Poland.

Laura - I'm sorry if you felt offended, but Aleks looks like a big boy and has to learn to look after himself. Otherwise his brain will rebel, take my word for it Aleks ;)

argh.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-02-01 20:22:32 »
No, I didn't feel offended. I know he *should* look after himself, but I can't let him starve, can I?  ;)

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-02-01 20:43:24 »
He's not taller than me, and weighs 7kg more, so he's definitely not starving. Getting some sleep is much more important for him.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-02-01 21:22:11 »
True. But "keep him from starving" sounds so much more dramatical---  :D But let's stop this, it's really OT.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-02-01 21:42:04 »
Why, 'keep him sane' is dramatical enough, isn't it?!

Hey folks, I'm just returning from BB Plenum.
Nothing too interesting for the Fachschaft, but some pretty damn good news for TaCoS.

Anyways... shouldn't miss my train now, so I'm leaving, but will be at home in about an hour or two so expect some news this evening.

See you, Aleks
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-02-02 00:26:28 »
Okay, so I'm trying to keep you sane. :D Hoping to hear news for TaCos soon...