Author Topic: Klausurenordner  (Read 5313 times)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Klausurenordner
« on: 2007-02-02 07:25:31 »
Hey there!

This was discussed at the Plenum yesterday (everything else is either only interesting for TaCoS or not even interesting at all for us... the meeting was pretty short):

As maybe some of you know, there's the habit to have a "Prüfungsordner" where protocols of (oral) exams ("Prüfungen, Klausuren"), theses and whatsoever are being stored and preserved for generations to come. They can then look up what all this stuff is all about. Either as Erstis who are just curious what's going to strike them some semesters later, or as a student who's just going to write an important exam this could come quite handy. (This last sentence doesn't seem to be too correct in sense of grammaticality. Sorry. Not able to do any better right now)

The folders in Brechtbau are empty (for some obscure reason) and we want to start that as a new project to fill them... shall our Fachschaft participate?

Regards, Aleks
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
Re: Klausurenordner
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-02 09:41:38 »
We could, but my question is, how. Do the lecturers give away their protocols? Do they allow us to make copies? Do we have to wait a certain time before those protocols are allowed to be published (then it's quite useless for CL, because the ISCL is young and the field develops rather quickly)?

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-02 13:10:30 »
I think it's a very good idea, Aleks.
Armin - I've always had the impression that the people in the SfS generally don't pay that much attention to anything going on outside of our dark and gloomy building ;) What they don't know won't hurt them...
Don't know about ISCL but most of our profs publish scripts online, give us old exams as practice exercises etc., so that shouldn't be that much of a fuss.
pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind

argh.

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-02 13:26:10 »
CL scripts are generally online, as well as all the literature and programs, but I've never seen old exams.

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #4 on: 2007-02-02 13:33:02 »
Consider it a quest ;)
I still have most of my first and second semester exams. There should be some from this semester as well. And I'm sure if you approach the professor individually they will agree to let you make a copy. I'll try talking to some as soon as I'm done with the next two Klausuren.
pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind

argh.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-02-02 19:36:45 »
Well, I think it would be quite cool to have such a thing.
It is not said, that the project will only succeed if all and every exam is recorded there, but it will already be a success if there is one exam that might help some poor guy prepare for his or her exam!

So let's just start collecting the stuff, it can't do any damage. We are legally allowed to do that, to the best of my knowledge.
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-02-03 18:28:54 »
If we're really legally allowed to do that, then what L.L. is doing with the T.T. exams is illegal - keeping them in so next year's students won't be able to look at them (and he'll probably be able to reuse them)... what should the Fachschaft do in such a case? In general, I like the idea very much.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-02-03 20:39:37 »
Yes, I've already thought about that as well...

I'm not quite sure. As a last resort we could maybe ask the folks from BBPlenum, they are usually quite informed concerning student's rights.
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797