Author Topic: Evaluation for block seminars?  (Read 5606 times)

Laura

• View Profile
Evaluation for block seminars?
« on: 2007-02-03 18:34:46 »
As every year, there will be block seminars taught in the week after the end of the WiSe and also in the week before the SoSe starts. I've attended several such block seminars throughout my life as a student and never once was handed an evaluation form at the end of such a seminar (in contrast to the ones we have to fill out for every regular seminar...). However, if these seminars are never evaluated, some of them will be taught year after year by the same person in the same manner without ever improving - in some cases, you could call that stagnation tragical. I suggest the Fachschaft take care that these seminars are treated like the regular ones even in that respect: either ask the people in charge of evaluation to consider these seminars, too, or get some evaluation forms, hand them out and collect them ourselves and then give them to whoever usually evaluates them (confront them with the facts ;))...

johannes

• View Profile
Re: Evaluation for block seminars?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-03 18:42:47 »
Any specific block seminar in mind ? ;D There'd probably be exactly two people evaluating it positively.  ::)

However, a nice proposal. Let's do that for the last week of this semester already.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-03 18:49:13 »
Jaja... Liebe ist eine Weltsprache... *what* nice *proposal*?  Sthg we have to know? ;) Of course I have that specific seminar in mind, but I think it could generally help... also to make them invite good lecturers (like Shravan Vasishth) more often!

(OT: Btw, keeping my fingers crossed for your most beloved palindrome  :) )

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-03 20:37:43 »
I'm in. You're right concerning that one...

Who should/could we ask?
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797