Author Topic: Clubhausfest  (Read 9091 times)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Clubhausfest
« on: 2007-02-07 03:50:51 »
Hello folks!

The Fachschaft has received a letter of the Vollverammlung where we were invited to make a Clubhausfest.

To those of you that are not familiar with it:
Clubhausfest is a party at the Clubhaus (it's just on the other opposite side of the Wilhemstraße, facing Neue Aula) and it's  somewhat comparable to the Brechtbaufest, but smaller, of course. It's every Thursday throughout the semester and it means one hell of a lot of work for us - but maybe also quite some money. Some Fachschaften are pretty legendary for their Clubhausfeste and maybe we could give it a try.

If we want to, we should apply for a date soon, meaning: before Feb. 12th. (that's next Monday). We have to tell them three dates: our favored one, our second in favor and the third...

There's one restriction to the date however: I advise you to not do it on June 14th, since that's TaCoS's day and we probably won't have enough capacities.

Remember: If we are going to do this, we need all members of the Fachschaft and probably even some more people.

As I said: don't underestimate the workload, but it can mean a lot of fun as well and almost every Fachschaft organizes one or another Clubhausfest and it could again fill our bank accounts - maybe even in a similar way than BB-Hausfest.
But I am not that familiar with the topic and I think Johannes and probably Armin know more about it.

Regards Aleks

(Oh, yes, I forgot to cast my vote: I think we should try to get a date and do it after TaCoS, that is, applying for the end of June or beginning of July!)
« Last Edit: 2007-02-08 18:01:53 by aleks »
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
Re: Clubhausfest
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-07 07:25:53 »
The Clubhausfest involves much more work than the Brechtbaufest. We'd need DJs, a lot of technical equipment, maybe security (they started having this), drinks (there seems to be a regular supplier) and 10 people per shift. That means basically everyone of us.

Kilian

• View Profile
    • Texttheater
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-07 10:02:58 »
I'd preferably go for the clean-up shift this time.
There was n-ary a tree in sight.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-07 13:28:59 »
That's nice of you - but there's still nine more to go for that shift...

OK, eight that would be, because I would join.

We should make a quick estimation whether or not we would be able to do it.

Guy, what about you and the other 1st semester students? Who would be willing to help?
I think for the second semester we can count on Kilian, (Johannes?, Laura?), me ... um... and who else?

Other than that, Armin, Ramon?, Jon?, Sladja?... Who did I forget?

That's far from being enough... only about ~10...
"Die Akademie ist hier sehr schwach, ob sie gleich verdienstvolle Leute besitzt und ein ungeheures Geld [...] verwendet wird; allein die alte Form widerspricht jedem fortschreitenden Leben, die Wirkungen greifen nicht ineinander"
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-02-07 13:44:45 »
Let's also have a quick estimate of expenses and income, because I think we would have to spend some 3000€ (+/- 1000€).

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-02-07 14:19:38 »
3000?  :o ... was that a typo?

We are not able to raise 3000 EUR at the moment... except maybe, the members of the Fachschaft themselves would carry the costs - that seems too much...
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-02-07 14:28:53 »
No typo. SfS parties are the lowest league: 150€ suffice, no profit. Then comes a room at the BB-Fest: spend 700-1500€, profit 500-1000€. You're now heading for Clubhausfest, and that would be the upper bound of a BB-Fest room doubled (at least).

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-02-07 14:45:26 »
Hm... maybe we should wait a year and accumulate some money as well as Fachschaft-members... I'm beginning to feel quite skeptical about this...
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

Armin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-02-07 15:48:41 »
We can join the BB-Plenum, if they are organizing one. Everything beyond that is also beyond our experience and capacities.

Anna

• View Profile
    • GW
« Reply #9 on: 2007-02-07 17:20:20 »
We can't afford something like that at the time being, no way... But I think Armin's idea here is good - we would make less profit but we need to accumulate money anyway ;) We should try!

If this ever happens I can join the clean-up shift or the night one (if someone teaches me to mix those drinks...).
pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind

argh.

johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-02-07 18:42:50 »
It's quite usual to do joint Clubhausfeste with two Fachschaften.

But I really have to emphasize it is an awful lot of work because we would have to do everything this time, including a lot of bureaucracy (that some of us might already be fed up with) for not much gain (with the JuSos, we usually earned some 700 €, although those were quite big ones)
and a lot of stress. I am not in principle against doing such a thing, but a year of waiting is certainly recommendable.

Should the Fachschaft still choose this option, you can count on my assistance in any way possible.

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-02-07 22:33:05 »
Hm... OK, BBPlenum is tomorrow, I'll see what is doable... a joint venture may be applicable... but I'm not very sure whether it's going to be for our benefit...
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797

kubaniguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-02-13 20:41:44 »
hi guys
first of all - do we even have a date for this thing?
it would be easier to get people to work if we know when the party will take place
seconed - 3000 is about right , maybe we should consider joining with another fachschaft on this one
it will take a lot of the workload and cash flow pressure from us
thired - this is a much bigger thing because this time we will do everything , not just a bar so we will need to draft all the people we can and we should start now !!!
you can sign me in to whatever you need and i will stay for a double shift (unlike last time)
guy
p.s
try not to do it in july because exam season will make us lose a lot of "staff"

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-02-13 22:10:56 »
I'm willing to be the decoration supervisor again, as well as to take some shifts at whatever bar there will be, even if that means I'll have to learn mixing this stuff I'll never drink myself...  ;)

aleks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-02-14 02:03:27 »
Hey, it's all over anyways, the decisions were on Monday. The only thing we could do now is to join someone else, but they'll probably already have made their  plans, so let's just wait and see for the next year...
Goethe in Tübingen, 1797